tirsdag 5. juni 2012

Magnolia Mania GDT- Doorplate

Happy tuesday, crafters.

Today I want to show you what I made for my forth time as a Guest Designer for the Magnolia Mania Challenge . This weeks theme is to create a doorplate. Pop over to the blog to join in the challenge this fortnight.

I chose to use something other than paper to for my project. Actually my 5 year old daughter helped both collecting the material (last year) and choosing the stamps representing each one of us in our little family. We had lots of fun with this! (Although she kept asking me why Tilda and Edwin haven't got mouths...)


I created the plate using some peaces of driftwood. We collected those on the beach near our summer house last year (because you never know what you might need some day, right!) Same thing with the mussel shells. I glued three pieces together in layers to shape the doorplate, and added some flowers, lace, thickers and the stamps.  The word means "welcome" in Norwegian.


The three stamps are Tilda sending loveletter, Tilda with floating hearts and Surf Edwin. I colored the images with my copics. I wrote the names on small pieces of white Bazzil and distressed the edges. That's it. Lots of glue, lucky for me I have a glue gun... lol.

Hope you're inspired to make your own doorplate for the challenge, if you need more inspiration, hurry over to the Magnolia Mania blog to see the DT- creations!

Have a good week!

Hugs,

10 kommentarer:

Riet Kamstra sa...

Love it what you did here Elizabeth. It's wonderful and a great idea from your little one to use the stamps for your family! The driftwood makes it all very special! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!

Riet

Lau W sa...

This is a wonderful creation, so nice details !
xxx

Anonym sa...

Hi Elizabeth. I love all your beautiful creations.
And now I'm going to follow you, so I always get to see your new creations.
Sorry for my bad english

Hugs Jannie

Rita sa...

Nydelig!! :)

Ann-Marie sa...

Wow this is just stunning - what a fab project and I love all the images you've used all beautifully coloured. Take care, Ann-Marie.

Anonym sa...

Wow, This is awesome Elizabeth! I love the rustic look
Hugs Julie P

Pysselbus sa...

Ohh, stunning!! Perfect for every door this summer!

Hugs
Linda

xxxtglxxx sa...

Wow!! This is amazing Elizabeth! :) Beautiful creation, its just brilliant! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Janny sa...

WOW what a beautiful creation, and the coloring is so perfect, hugs Janny

marja sa...

What a beautiful creation Elisabeth, it's gorgeous!!!!
I'm going to follow you,I don't wanna miss a thing of your lovely creations.

Hugs Marja.